The course is aimed at integrating knowledge on the following topics: sensation, perception and attention, starting from both traditional theories and scientific updating.
The course will allow students:
1. To know and understand: The models by means of sensorial, perceptive and attentional processes are explained; The fundamental research paradigm applied to these processes investigation; Their physiological basis.
2. To apply knowledge and adequately understand: the theoretical and methodological fundamentals of perception and attention psychology along tangential fields as: neuropsychology (i.e neglect, frontal syndromes etc), perception applied to artistic disciplines, comprehension of scientific material.
3. To make judgments on scientific literature based on perception and attention psychology, being able to distinguish among the different steps of perception and attention researches.
4. To acquire learning skill on relevant issues addressed by recent scientific literature by underling limitations and potential application.
5. To acquire communication skills: to report, interpret and discuss original research findings to expert and naïve audience.