The course aims at the general objective of providing the fundamental notions of international economic law, knowledge of the world system of trade liberalization under GATT/WTO and of the international discipline on foreign investment, as well as knowledge of the tools offered by the Italian legal system for the internationalization of enterprises.
Expected learning outcomes:
The first section of the course will allow the student to acquire the theoretical knowledge necessary to understand the functioning of the international economic order and the action of multilateral economic and financial institutions. The second section will provide an insight into the international trading system and its essential dynamics. In addition, the student will be able to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired, formulate professional advices, resolve concrete cases relating to international trade disputes using the appropriate legal instruments. The teaching of the third section will allow the student to understand the discipline of foreign direct private investment, that of international bodies active in the field of foreign investment and of control bodies. In addition, the student will be able to apply the theoretical knowledge acquired and to offer professional advice on opportunities, practicability, protection and treatment of foreign investments.
The training of the course of study in "Scienze per l'internazionalizzazione e l'innovazione delle imprese" will therefore be completed, for the aspect related to internationalization, by the following skills:
Knowledge and understanding:
Student must prove to:
- know the main actors and the dynamics of the international economic order
- be familiar with the activities of multilateral economic institutions
- be able to apply the fundamental principles of the international system of trade liberalisation and the system of derogations and exceptions
- be familiar with the main international institutions and organisations active in the field of foreign investment
- understand the basic standards of investment protection and treatment and know how to apply the principles and instruments relating to foreign investment
- know the Italian production system and the internationalization process and know how to apply the internationalization tools.
- Student must show the ability to relate international, European and national rules on trade liberalisation and understanding interactions with other rules of international law concerning non-economic values;
- be able to interconnect international investment rules with other general international law and treaty rules relating to non-economic values.
- Drafting dossiers and reporting on specific trade and foreign investment cases
- resolving concrete problems relating to the application of international trade rules and the system of derogations and exceptions
- addressing problems of concrete realization of foreign investments
- advise on international and internal instruments to foster the internationalisation of enterprises