The course provides students with the basic tools for the governance and management of firms producing goods and services. In particular, the course wants to deepen:
- knowledge of the tools for analyzing the competitive business environment
- knowledge of how to design and implement business strategies
- knowledge of the development of functional business strategies
In particular, at the end of the course, the student will be able to analyze the environment and the firm in terms of resources and skills, to make decisions concerning the strategic and managerial choices of the firm.
To this end the course proposes to transmit the following skills and knowledge:
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPREHENSION ABILITY
At the end of the course, the students should have the basic notions of running a business in a condition of efficiency.
Specifically, the student:
- identifies and classifies the variables that constitute the environment in which the firm operates.
- recognizes the influence exercised by these variables on the firm
- identifies the boundaries of the firm and the building blocks on which the firm can build the competitive advantage
- distinguishes corporate strategies from business strategies
- identifies and recognizes the main corporate functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ABILITY
- analyzes the external environment and identifies the environmental forces relevant to the firm
- formulates strategic choices in specific environmental and business conditions
- evaluates the firm strategic choices according to the characteristics of the firm and its competitive context
- interprets the strategic choices of the firm and expresses critical considerations
The student, at the end of the course, will be able to communicate problems, ideas and solutions related to business management in a clear, correct and exhaustive way and he will be able to express itself effectively both with respect to a non-specialized audience of users and clients that compared to experts.