The course focuses on how banks can build long-term relationships with large firms, by providing strong advisory expertise and M&A, corporate banking, treasury, debt and equity product expertise to deliver integrated financial solutions. The course aims at supplying advanced knowledge in the management of the bank-firm relationship, and skills in order to operate in the core areas of financial institutions.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
At the end of the course students will be able to know the financial issues of companies and the solutions offered by banks and to acquire specialized skills necessary to operate within banks and in the financial areas of the companies. In order to contribute to the training of professional figures envisaged in the core management, students will be able to hold positions that require knowledge of the tools that can meet the financial needs of companies. Students will also be able to address the financial decisions in contexts characterized by an increasingly rapid regulatory evolution.
The objectives of the course aim at transmitting to students the knowledge/skills necessary:
-to recognise the peculiarities of the management of any type of financial institution offering corporate and investment services;
- to select financial instruments/products according to the needs of financing/risk hedging;
- to recognise the accounting items linked to the customer relationship in the bank balance sheet;
- to address firms’ financial decisions.
To this end, the course aims at transmitting the following skills and knowledge in terms of particular objectives:
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ABILITY
- to distinguish the different nature, activity and functioning of the intermediaries that offer C&I services;
- to distinguish the different purpose of C&I services.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING ABILITY
- to apply the learned knowledge to real cases and to identify the most appropriate solutions to concrete problems concerning the C&I services.
AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT
- to identify the most suitable C&I services for companies;
- to have capability to analyze business cases.
- to express, with appropriate technical language, analytical and synthetic considerations on the fundamental aspects of the course also through interdisciplinary links.
ABILITY TO LEARN
- to carry out individual and group research on specific aspects of the course;
- to compare acquired skills with the most recent trends.