The course is aimed at integrating knowledge on the following topics: sensation, perception and attention, starting from both traditional theories and scientific updating.
The course will allow students:
- to know and understand models of sensorial, perceptive and attentional processes; fundamental research paradigms applied to these processes; their physiological basis;
- to apply knowledge and adequately understand the theoretical and methodological fundamentals of perception and attention psychology along tangential fields as: neuropsychology (i.e neglect, frontal syndromes etc), perception applied to artistic disciplines, comprehension of scientific material;
- to make judgments on scientific literature in the field of perception and attention psychology, being able to distinguish among the different steps of perception and attention researches;
- to acquire learning skill on relevant issues addressed by recent scientific literature by underling limitations and potential application;
- to acquire communication skills: to report, interpret and discuss original research findings to expert and naïve audience.